[Regia-NA] New Greetings!

Brett W. McCoy list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:59:03 -0500 (EST)

Greetings!  I was on this list a couple years back when it originally
formed, but had to leave because of time and energy constraints.

My name is Brett, and I am a friend of Thomas Sweeting (occasionally known
as Snorri).  I've been doing SCA for nearly 10 years now, and some folks
on here who also do SCA may know me as "Istvan".  Obviously an Eastern
European name and one I will not be using in Regia. :-)

The SCA lately has been leaving me unfulfilled in my yearning for a good
medieval experience.  I won't go into the issues I am having, but since my
4 year stint as a local officer is ending soon, I will have time to put
more energy into research and, hopefully, more involvement in Regia.

My main interests are cooking, music and metalworking (the latter I know
very little about but want to learn!).  I am planning on building an
Anglo-Saxon lyre similar to the Sutton-Hoo lyre.  I also play kantele,
which is type of ancient lap harp played in a lot of Baltic countries,
especially Finland & Estonia.  In fact, it is the national instrument of
Finland and closely tied to its national epic 'Kalevala'.  I play a lot of
other instruments but they really aren't appropriate for Regia. :-)

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born
to people you could not have possibly met.
		-- Fran Lebowitz, "Social Studies"