[Regia-NA] Filming the Battle of Hastings

J. Kim Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:36:03 -0000

Hi fellow film makers!

Further to my earlier message, I am now mailing you to find out how many
mailed, 1066 equipped fighting men  we can turn out. The firm dates given
are Tuesday 25th Wednesday 26th March. There will be the usual deal in
monetary terms, plus Overnights on Monday and Tuesday nights, proper
Location catering and your fuel expenses covered. The Location will be in
Essex, the same ridge overlooking the Thames at Hadleigh that we have worked
at twice before for A History of Britain and The Real King Harold.

We need twelve warriors and it will be - as usual - useful if they brought
with them both kite and round shields.

I have done my very best to change the Producers mind about the date and -
as Nigel has so rightly pointed out - we are right at the end of the
financial/holiday year and it may not be possible for people to get the time
off. Therefore, I need a quick decision from those who applied when this was
first promulgated before I go back to the Beeb with a firm yes or no.

I ought to say that my feeling is that this piece will be a Big Deal in TV
terms and that subsidiary arrangements being made around the production
indicate to me that we ought to try to keep our heads in this particular
game. Please let me know really ASAP if you can make it.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn