[Regia-NA] Re: sailing Viking ships

Steve Etheridge list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:10:46 +0000

>From: Patrick Anderson <gabrielherald@mac.com>
>
>Hi there,
>
>De-lurking here, I'm Patrick, known in the SCA as Gabriel, and I REALLY
>love ships. :)
>What course is that? I missed the posts saying where you were going.

Hi, Patrick (and anyone else)

The course is called "how to sail the single square sail" and it is run for
a week by the Viking Ship Museum, Roskilde, Denmark.  The course is in
English (thankfully!)

Check out www.vikingskibsmuseet.dk for info on the next couse, or email Poul
Nygaard directly at pn@vikingeskibsmuseet.dk

They resolutely fail to advertise this course, so the only way that anyone
knows that it's going on is by word of mouth, and they were close to
cancelling this year due to lack of interest - until enough people showd up!

Anyone need a potted guide to the easiest way of doing things in Denmark
(that I discovererd, at any rate), let me know

Steve.