[Regia-NA] PC Beach-RE: Was sprang BILOXI

Sudden Service #5 list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:35:54 -0400

    You mean the Red Neck Riviera?  I haven't been in a while, but it was
built up & traffic was murder all the way back when I was young.  I went
there after High School Graduation & on Boot leave back in the '72/3.  It is
the place where all the Southern kids went for fun-much cheaper than Ft
Lauderdale where all the rich Yankees went.  Last time I went there was in
2001& it took 2 hours to drive the Miracle Mile.
    The Lifeguards weren't trying to keep you from drowning they were trying
to get you to go back to the stores & buy more-especially from Mushroom
Tees-the tee shirt shop my daughter & her SO own.  One of my employees just
got back from a training session at the home office in Tallahassee, I
arranged for my daughter to pick her up from work & have a day at the beach.
They had a good time except when they went swimming they ran into "a 2' long
UGLY fish who's mouth looked like a saw" (maybe a 'cuda?)
    If you want to see quaint & beautiful unspoiled & take a step back in
time go visit Chipley or Apalachicola.  A drive along the cost from the Big
Bend to PC is wonderful & very scenic.
Pax,
Olaf