[Regia-NA] RE: Was sprang BILOXI

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:42:31 -0400

    Sounds just like Panama City Beach in Florida just down 98. I never
got to see it before my in-laws moved there in the mid 90's. By my
tastes it was probably beautiful once but now it's like 42nd street NYC
on the beach. I've noticed just in the last 5 years that the
trash-to-sand ratio has gotten way out of hand. Also cannot believe how
much people drink and how seldom they go in the water(probably a good
thing). Every time I go for swim in Florida the lifeguards chase me
down with the jet ski's and ask me if I'm drowning. As much as I
despise Martha's Vinyard for being "snobbish", they have done the right
thing and kept the shore wild, the roads largely unpaved, neon lights
to a barely existant minimum and prohibited any structure higher than a
stout 2 story victorian or 9 window colonial at about 45feet. Privelege
of wealth I guess.

    Anyways, That part of the country is sooooo spread out. Bet there's
not many people in a 2 hour drive radius. Then again, folks who live
there tend to think of anything less that 5 hours as reasonably
close.The Regia NA roles appear to show a very spread out group that
will always have trouble getting together enough people for a good
raiding party without incurring air line travel.