[Regia-NA] Latest Wychurst pictures

Wulfhere se Treowryhta list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:22:52 -0400

Very nice. Judging by the mortice size and locations it looks like a=20
pretty simple common rafter plan. Good! Complicated roofs are a misery=20=

to service.That's what makes them seem so opulent.  How are your=20
earthfast posts fairing in the weather? We have had a very wet spring=20
here in New Regia.  It has played the devil with wood, straw and clay.=20=

I use straw as the backstop for my longbow. Last year it serviced 8=20
months looking much like straw. I replenished it this April and it is=20
already reduced to a collapsed pile of rotten grass.  I said it before=20=

but it makes me shiver! Looks like your making good headway on the roof=20=

though. Are you bound to fire safety law on this building?? The folks=20
that rebuilt the Globe theater said they had a hard time keeping to=20
period and meeting the strict fire safety laws. They developed some=20
good solutions. How are you going to floor it? Rammed earth or some=20
pavement. (meaning the old method of paving with some sort of quarried=20=

or cast stone)? I'm sad to see so much fun being had so far away from=20
my tools. Paul Binns is sending me a Saxon "T" axe for hewing and the=20
forest of Warren is terrified! The weather has finally come around,=20
sunny and 90=BAf, humid as a blacksmith's arm pit. May be a little hall=20=

west of the pond before you know it.

Good luck!!