[Regia-NA] Making a Cauldron

Mark Patchett list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:05:00 -0400

Magnus (Chris Kerr) and I spent Sunday afternoon, building a copper
alloy cauldron, similar to the ones found in the Mastermyr tool chest.

We had been discussing options for cooking vessels, since the cast iron
some of us have been using for years isn't authentic.  Magnus has a
fairly sizeable rivetted steel cauldron, and Foote has an assortment of
pottery pots, so this gives us one more option ...

I put some pictures, and brief notes up here:
    http://www.regia.ca/cauldron/cauldron.htm

Comments are welcome, especially any from the Authenticity Officer.

-Edward of Wynmerestow