[Regia-NA] Cloth width (was Re: featherstitching)

J Hill list-regia-na@lig.net
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:21:46 -0700

I'm a bit surprised by the idea that 30" is as wide as is comfortable.  On
my Loomcraft jack loom [which I no longer have], I generally wove at least
40" wide, as I do on the Glimakra Standard.  In fact, the Glimakra is so
comfortable, that I regret not getting it wider.
A tip from Joanne Hall, dealer for the Glimakra, made a BIG difference in my
weaving comfort.  She told me to sit as close as I could possibly get to the
breast beam & to adjust my bench, IIRC, to get a good 90* angle w/ arms to
breast beam. [The latter I may be off.]
All the upper back strain seems to have gone away.
Additionally, I've found that good foundation garments, esp supporting the
lower back, increase my comfort at the loom.
Jennifer