[Regia-NA] vikeing axe

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:57:54 EDT

--part1_20.12b9ac92.2c122212_boundary

I should have written this befor to im new at this 14 to 18inch is the cutin=
g=20
edge  thanks for the infor=20
MICAH

Sorry I'm getting into this late but what is the 14-18" a measure of?=A0=20
The hafted length? The cutting edge?=A0 That'd be one mighty combat axe.=20
I've got some blades on order from Paul Binns. A great pleasure to deal=20
with. My axes are working axes for felling and hewing so there's no=20
direct correlation. There's a great book on axes called "The Ax and=20
Man" by Paul Heavrin. Good photos of relics and repro's with a lot of=20
background. A must read for the Ax enthusiast. Keep us posted as to=20
what you come up with. I'm hoping to get some Frankish throwing axes=20
some day. Same period.

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 11:44 AM, BASENJIS2FOR2@aol.com wrote:

> does enbody know of a place to buy good viking axes. I would love to=20
> buy a 14 to 18 inch axe. thanks MICAH

--part1_20.12b9ac92.2c122212_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I should have written this befor to im new at this 14=20=
to 18inch is the cuting edge&nbsp; thanks for the infor <BR>
MICAH<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Sorry I'm getting into this late but what is the 14-18" a measure of?=A0 <BR=

The hafted length? The cutting edge?=A0 That'd be one mighty combat axe. <BR=

I've got some blades on order from Paul Binns. A great pleasure to deal <BR>
with. My axes are working axes for felling and hewing so there's no <BR>
direct correlation. There's a great book on axes called "The Ax and <BR>
Man" by Paul Heavrin. Good photos of relics and repro's with a lot of <BR>
background. A must read for the Ax enthusiast. Keep us posted as to <BR>
what you come up with. I'm hoping to get some Frankish throwing axes <BR>
some day. Same period.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 11:44 AM, BASENJIS2FOR2@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
&gt; does enbody know of a place to buy good viking axes. I would love to <B=

&gt; buy a 14 to 18 inch axe. thanks MICAH<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_20.12b9ac92.2c122212_boundary--