[Regia-NA] geteld

J Hill list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:48:56 -0700

Sandy:  Thanks for the info.  I think I'll make my own geteld, tho'.
However, it is really good to know there's someone out there making these
things!  That way, if mine falls apart, I'll have a place to go. :>)
Robert:  I have no idea if the Huscarls are anti-SCA or not.  I have only
been to 2 SCA events & it is unlikely that I'll get to Australia for
Huscarls events any time soon.  I'm just trying to make my little bitty
group/house as authentic as I can without making myself insane.
We'll be doing the hand-sewing of our gowns, doing our best to have
authentic kit & camp...  etc.
I'm sure we'll make mistakes, but there's nothing that is irremediable.
There are a great many groups out there trying to bring the "Dark Ages" to
the fore.  Everyone has been most kind to me, bringing me information I'd
undoubtedly miss otherwise.
I do wish we had a transporter & could all meet together & share ideas &
skills.  [I'm feeling a bit frustrated w/ online demos of naalbinding, for
instance.]
Meanwhile, I must be up early; I just needed a cup of hot chocolate before
sleep.  Yrs, Aelfgifu