[Regia-NA] bone working

nathan list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:02:57 +0100

> At dublin, while the wood
> preservation is good, I don't remember any wooden combs, although antler
> combs survived.  Nathan, can you check my memory on this please

Sounds right, i don't recall any off the top of my head, but not evertything
is on disply so a qucik email to the museam might be in order?

I own a wood comb, and have never dared us it anywhere near my hair (far too
fragile, i have knotty hair at the best of time).  But it was great for my
beard when it was bigger.

> ATM the evidence points towards antler being the most
> common material used, so lets keep that as the most common one
> that we have

There are 2 copper-ally one's on the frogel combs CD.  But yes the antler
ones are most definately the most common.

Hugz
N.