[Regia-NA] Axe standards?

Mark Patchett list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:15:26 -0500

Hi Wil,

Here are the rules as I understand them:
All weapons edges must be between 3mm (1/8") and 5mm (1/5"), with rounded or
round-shouldered edges, but not square.
Any weapon with a blade exceeding 8" must be entirely made of spring steel.
Any angle of a blade edge less than 90 degrees must be rounded to no less than
11/16" ( about the size of a canadian penny )
All spear shafts, axe and mace hafts must be made from a white hardwood,
preferably ash.
(Ramin is an acceptable substitute, but avoid oak )
All hafted weapons must be securely fixed to their haft.
Max dimensions for single handed axes - 178mm X 127mm (7" X 5")
Max. head weight .9Kg (2 lb)
Min haft diameter 300mm (1 1/4")
Max. haft length: from user's armpit to fingertips.

-Edward, Wynmerestow (Ontario, Canada)