[Regia-NA] interesting sale

Eileen Young list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:03:06 -0500

passing the information along-
  I have been working over the past two months photographing and assembling
lots for an incredible vintage and textile auction that will be held on
March 27th in New Hope, Pennsylvania. I am still opening boxes and cataloguing the sale but wanted to give as much advance notice as    possible in case you are able to rearrange your schedule to attend. I would guess that there are three to five thousand items that will end up as 500-600 auction lots. Most auction pieces are deaccessions from six Institutional collections with select additions from a few private consignors. The majority of these pieces have been stored away for decades or longer.

   The auction includes a bit of everything -
incredible estate linens & lace -
the most beautiful Irish crochet gown -
printed fabrics (18th - 20th c.) -
beaded 20's dresses -
Chinese embroidered clothing -
costume jewelry -
men's clothes -
shoes - hats - fans.

While some of the top catalogued lots will certainly find their way back to other museum collections, most of the auction items are grouped in generous lots to keep the auction to one day.

   There are boxes filled with trims, exceptional early fabrics, boxes and
boxes of hats, boxes of lace, large lots of antique clothing for restoration or recycling. This is a chance for collectors, reenactors, costumers, designers, restorers, antique doll collectors and dealers to benefit from all of these new-to-market treasures.

   A preliminary listing of auction highlights has been posted on the
auctioneer's website,  www.whitakerauction.com . There are currently four
photo galleries offering a sampling of what you can expect at this sale and
more photos will be added over the next two weeks. I am hoping to complete
the catalogue by March 10th and have it available on-line, as well as a form for absentee bidding.

   This is one vintage and textile auction that you will not want to miss!

   Karen Augusta
   www.antique-fashion.com
   802-463-4958

   PS Please pass this announcement on to others you know who might be
   interested. Thanks!