[Regia-NA] Spangenhelm pattern critique?

mik lawson list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:42:37 +0000 (GMT)

--0-625267036-1070530957=:20807

If i were you i'd consider extending the quarter plates so they nearly touch & either rivitting the plates together using two rows or over lapping the plates & using one row.As the helm finishes off it looks authentic but i don't think it would stand a hard blow to the quarter plates.As for the nasel bar there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it but if the shape come down to taste you can round the bottom off on a straight bar.If you go into the members pic there are pix of helms in the miklawson folder which may give you more choice?I'll add a couple more as well.
Regards,mik

santell juan <jpsantell@yahoo.com> wrote:
Below is a link for a spangenhelm that I am
considering making for Regia combat. Beyond the
stylized nasal piece, does the helm look authentic?
I'm thinking of modifying the nasal into the square
bottom type found in the old manuscripts,but a couple
of questions. Is the way the nasal attaches to the
body of the helm authentic technique and would it be
correct to curve a more correct non tapered square
bottomed nasal to the contour of the nose or should it
be flat? Many thanks for your time.

http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/norman_spangenhelm_halberds/

Heaven doesn't want me & Hell is afraid i'll take over

Download Yahoo! Messenger now for a chance to WIN Robbie Williams "Live At Knebworth DVD"
--0-625267036-1070530957=:20807

<DIV>
<DIV>If i were you i'd consider extending the quarter plates so they nearly touch &amp; either rivitting the plates together using two rows or over lapping the plates &amp; using one row.As the helm finishes off it looks authentic but i don't think it would stand a hard blow to the quarter plates.As for the nasel bar there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it but if the shape come down to taste you can round the bottom off on a straight bar.If you go into the members pic there are pix of helms in the miklawson folder which may give you more choice?I'll add a couple more as well.</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,mik<BR><BR><B><I>santell juan &lt;jpsantell@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote: </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Below is a link for a spangenhelm that I am<BR>considering making for Regia combat. Beyond the<BR>stylized nasal piece, does the helm look authentic?<BR>I'm thinking of modifying the nasal into the square<BR>bottom type found in the old manuscripts,but a couple<BR>of questions. Is the way the nasal attaches to the<BR>body of the helm authentic technique and would it be<BR>correct to curve a more correct non tapered square<BR>bottomed nasal to the contour of the nose or should it<BR>be flat? Many thanks for your time.<BR><BR>http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/norman_spangenhelm_halberds/<BR><BR><BR><BR>__________________________________<BR>Do you Yahoo!?<BR>Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now<BR>http://companion.yahoo.com/<BR>_______________________________________________<BR>list-regia-na mailing
Yahoo! Messenger</a> now for a chance to <a href="http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline_messenger/*http://messenger.promotions.yahoo.com/rwuk" target="_blank">WIN</a>
Robbie Williams &quot;Live At Knebworth DVD&quot;</font>
--0-625267036-1070530957=:20807--