[Regia-NA] Shrewsbury

Diane Culpin list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:18:24 +0100

Hi All!

I was all packed, brand new tent, sleeping bag, mat, etc., ready to go!  I
too, had a car that refused to go...  Even managed to get a hire car, but
there was an accident going into Chippenham and by the time I got back to
the house it was almost 7.00 p.m., with a husband that needed to be into
work by 8.00 a.m. the next morning, I unfortunately had to give it a miss.
What's coming up next that I can come to?  A pathetic newbie...

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Diane

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent." - Issac Assimov

-----Original Message-----
From: list-regia-na-admin@lig.net [mailto:list-regia-na-admin@lig.net]On
Behalf Of J. Kim Siddorn
Sent: 07 April 2003 14:14
To: Regia UK E-group; list-regia-na@lig.net
Subject: [Regia-NA] Shrewsbury

What an excellent day - and I'm sorry I could not be there on Sunday, but
I'd agreed to be elsewhere that day months before.

I was very pleased with the footage we shot for the (basically) Military
Training Video. John Watkins has taken the hour and forty minutes worth that
we got on tape for editing. He will send that to me for narration etc and
will add something from the excellent footage he shot at Wychurst last year.
We also did a "My name is and my officership is" section so people can put
names to faces.

The plan is that either Regia or its members will cover the production costs
for a VHS master, probably in PAL format. This will than be reformatted into
NTSC. We are hoping to get it onto a CD as well. It will be available at low
cost to Overseas Regia members as an introduction to Regia.

Obviously, I'm hoping it will cover its production costs fairly rapidly
which will then go towards funding a Craft video.

My particular thanks to John Watkins, Paddy O'Connell and Paul Assheton -
and of course Martin Latham and his group for their hard work in setting up
and organising the Twelfth Regia Training weekend at Pim Hill.

Further thanks to Jan-Ellen Harriman, Hazel and Ian Uzzell and Gill Lotter
for doing some excellent laid back teaching. Bill Tate was suitably
dumbstruck when Martin Williams and I appeared with a small contingent from
Rent-a-Crowd and gave him a Landgrant for Mildenhall, thus making him one of
the most landed, rich and higher ranking Thegns in the society. When he has
a bit more time, we can expect better bridges, roads and fortresses in
Suffolk. ;o))

We were sorry to miss Kevin Cowley (Ketil) who broke down on the M40 on
Friday night and had to get recovered home.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn