[Regia-NA] Forth Armoury, mail photos

J. Kim Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:47:21 +0100

Thanks Mik. Spot on except that I don't necessarily oil it afterwards.

My preferred method now is to put mail in an old tumble drier I've got out
the back and switch it on for a while. 20 minutes took all the sharp edges
off the Indian riveted shirt and forty dulls zinc plated and round section
unplated to a much more uniform colour.

WARNING! Don't try this without a dedicated tumble drier. Your
wife/mother/significant Other/um-friend will not forgive you.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

"Non est tanti."
----- Original Message -----
From: "mik lawson" <miklawson@yahoo.co.uk>
To: <list-regia-na@lig.net>
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:40 PM
Subject: RE: [Regia-NA] Forth Armoury, mail photos

> Get a container big enough to take your mail & some liquid.Put your mail
in the container & add a gallon of vinegar & top up with very hot {boiling
water } & leave your mail to go black or very dull.When your mail has taken
on that not very shiney appearance anymore look,wash it down with hot water,
again the hoter the better coz it will help dry the mail when you throw it
in a towel.Kims method is to then oil it but if you dont like you & all your
kit getting coverd in oil then don't bother.A word of warning,keep turning
your mail to get the vinegar to all sections.I know mail is full of holes
but if you just leave it,some parts go dark & some parts stay shiney. Now i
hope that has saved Kim from repeating himself?
> Regards,
> mik
>  Tate William T Jr TSgt 352 OSS/SCSC <william.tate@mildenhall.af.mil>
wrote:Speaking of mail...and I faintly remember this being discussed
before...how