[Regia-NA] getelds

list-regia-na@lig.net list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,
I'm back from my latest trip to the UK, but still not
quite 'back online' for the moment.  I'm having some
issues with my dialup connection from home, so my
attention to personal email is a little spotty.

In case I didn't mention it, I have a new job which is
much closer to home.  As soon as I am able to get my
life sorted out after being out of work for a month or
so, I'll be able to spend some of those 2 hours a day
I'm saving from not driving in rush hour to work on
Regia stuff.

Now, I've done a bit of research on Anglo-Saxon tents
(also called Getelds...pronounced yeteld or something
like that in case you're curious).

Have a look at some of my notes here:
http://www.mathomhouse.com/regia/notes/

I have maybe 6 or 8 new pictures from manuscripts.
I'll be scanning them up soon, and will put them online.

I don't know anyone who makes one that I think is
'right'.  There are a couple of people who make Getelds
that I think are 'wrong' and some who I'm ambivalent
about.

Right now I'm working on having a guy in England
(because I haven't met at tent maker here in the US -
hint, hint) make a prototype for me.  If that works,
then I expect I'll make the pattern available.

In other news, I'm about to get a bunch of wooden
bowls, cups, and such from Robin Wood in the UK.  I
also have some bone pins based on examples found in
York and other places.  If you're interested, let me
know and I'll fill you in on the details.

I haven't been keeping up on the Regia mail for the
past 3 weeks because of my new job, ISP problems, and
being away.  So if you have any membership or other
sort of issues, drop me a note and I'll get back to you
right away.  It might take me a while to wade through
all my Regia list mail.

BTW...Thanks Kim & Jon, I seem to be on the UK Regia
egroup again!  ^_^

Take Care,
Tom

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Eileen Young wrote

> Greetings,
>
> What are the NA Anglo Saxons doing for tents and
where are they getting them?

> Eileen

> Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and
great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying
online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

today at http://webmail.netscape.com/