[Regia-NA] more Swords

Allan McVie list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:43:48 +0100

At 16:37 28/05/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Are these Paul Binns/Jelling Dragon swords?
>http://www.by-the-sword.com/reenact1.html
>
>Hmmm...
>http://www.by-the-sword.com/pc-6.JPG

No they do not look like Binns blades, at first look they look like
armourclass swords but reading the discription on the site -

>"They offer solid wood grips wrapped in black leather, solid steel pommels
>and guards. The tang is threaded and the pommel (depending on sword type)
>either screws onto the tang or is held in place by a threaded nut. Each
blade >is fully tempered, hardened and is as flexible as an historical
blade. The >edges of the blades are left un-sharpened and slightly rounded
for >rebated/live steel combat. All the steel parts of theses swords are
"satin" >finished for easy care. You can take the rust off with a plastic
kitchen >scrubby and WD-40 oil."

It does not sound like armourclass either I am sure that they do not use
threaded tangs.

Allan