[Regia-NA] Interesting new scam

J. K. Siddorn list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 23 May 2002 12:58:06 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_01A7_01C20259.7B58FE90

In the wake of the recent delete-part-of-your-operating-system scare =
hoaxes, I had a spammed message today from a porn website. It talked =
about viruses and worms and said that they had found a virus not of =
their making glued to a message from their site. It recommended that I =
immediately contact their website on the anti-virus page in order to =
download the correct software to remove the virus.

I thought this showed remarkable wit. Not once did the message deny it =
was a porn site - but it spoke not at all of naughty things - nothing, I =
suspect, to trigger parental controls, for instance. How public spirited =
of them! How kind and selfless! Quite restores your faith in human =
nature .................

Of course, if you contact them, they will know you are there, won't =
they? They will have your e-mail address AND know it is current! When =
you log on they can plonk all kinds of stuff into your machine.

Very clever ..........

Guys, if you are connected to the internet and don't have a firewall and =
some decent antiviral software, you must be nuts! If you do, you don't =
need to worry. Unless, of course, someone smarter than I knows =
differently ???

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

The early bird may get the worm -
but the second mouse gets the cheese!=20

------=_NextPart_000_01A7_01C20259.7B58FE90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>In the wake of the recent=20
delete-part-of-your-operating-system scare hoaxes, I had a spammed =
message today=20
from a porn website. It talked about viruses and worms and said that =
they had=20
found a virus not of their making glued to a message from their site. It =

recommended that I immediately contact their website on the anti-virus =
page in=20
order to download the correct software to remove the virus.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>I thought this showed remarkable wit. Not =
once did the=20
message deny it was a porn site - but it spoke not at all of naughty =
things -=20
nothing, I suspect, to trigger parental controls, for instance. How =
public=20
spirited of them! How kind and selfless! Quite restores your faith in =
human=20
nature .................</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>Of course, if you contact them, they will =
know you are=20
there, won't they? They will have your e-mail address AND know it is =
current!=20
When you log on they can plonk all kinds of stuff into your=20
machine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>Very clever ..........</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>Guys, if you are connected to the internet =
and don't=20
have a firewall and some decent antiviral software, you must be nuts! If =
you do,=20
you don't need to worry. Unless, of course, someone smarter than I knows =

differently ???</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DGaramond>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DGaramond>Kim Siddorn.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond>The early bird may get the worm -<BR>but the =
second=20
mouse gets the cheese! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DGaramond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01A7_01C20259.7B58FE90--