[Regia-NA] Virus Hoaxing - from Kim

Kimberly Karn kimberly@ka9q.net
Mon, 13 May 2002 08:00:18 -0700

At 01:15 PM 5/13/02 +0100, you wrote:
>There is a spate of virus hoaxing about, many of which urge you to delete
>system files as corrupt or as being the virus.exe itself.. Go and have a
>look at the Washington Post's website
>
><http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176442.html>http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/176442.html
>
>BEFORE you delete them!

http://www.symantec.com/
The above URL is good to check out before you do anything about a virus or
worm. Also get good virus scan software. Run it and update it frequently.
Remember to scan your email attachments before you open them.
Or start using linux instead of windows. It's free and it's security is far
better than windows ever thought of doing.
Kimberly

"We are the origins of war, not history's forces nor the times nor justice
nor the lack of it nor causes nor religions nor ideas nor kinds of
government nor any other thing. We are the killers we breed war... For the
love of God, can't we love another just a little. That's how peace begins.
We have so much to love each other for. We have such possibilities my
children. We could change the world." Eleanor of Aquataine in the "Lion in
Winter"