[Regia-NA] arms and armour site

John Lambert hovtej@hotmail.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 08:20:01 +0000

If you all mean the Binns Norman sword with the disk pommel (VS4), I (a
Norman) bought one a couple of years ago from Jelling Dragon for Hastings
2000. It is well made and well balanced. If the current version is like
mine, the "design" shown on the pommel in the Jelling Dragon picture is
produced by reflections from a raised "nipple" in the center. You can see it
in a picture of my sword at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/J_Lambert/hauberk.jpg

The disk pommel is rather plain compared to some of the other designs, but I
like it. I keep thinking about having it engraved some way to spiff it up.
Are there any historical examples of types of engraving on disk pommels from
our time period?

John Lambert