[Regia-NA] Incorporating?

Ealdric Frog_Hollow list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:17:26 -0400

--=====================_6342513==_.ALT

         I did not intend to imply that the SCA is "the enemy" but I know
for some people any other group is a problem. I myself have been a member,
and still go to events when I can. They are a lot closer to my home, for
one thing!
At 01:26 AM 6/28/2002, you wrote:
>I will second that opinion I have found them to be exactly the same, damn
>fine people who are very helpful and tolerant of our horrible steel
>habits. All have been helpful and willing to discuss the finer points of
>historical accuracy and interested in what we do, it's not so different to
>what they do, they just hit harder :-)
>I have met hundreds over the years and never a cross word, we actually do
>a bit of cross activities here, mostly workshops and archery with the
>occasional consumption of food and liquid thrown in and are hoping to do
>more, both we and they have found that we actually have a terrible lot in
>common. :-)
>Best part is they like to have fun too.
>
>Sandy
>

>Perhaps I ought to say that I, for one, do certainly not see the SCA
>(corporately or seperately) as any kind of enemy. Every single SCAnian I
>have met - either in the flesh or by means of an electron beam - has been
>friendly, helpful and open-handed. If all re-enactors were as good hearted
>as they, our "other world" would be the richer for it.
>
>Just my experience, you understand ;o))
>
>Regards,
>

>Kim Siddorn.
>
>The early bird may get the worm -
>but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Ealdric of Frog Hollow
"If the stars should appear but one night in a thousand years,...."

Ealdric of Frog Hollow  ealdric@bellsouth.net

--=====================_6342513==_.ALT

did not intend to imply that the SCA <u>is</u> &quot;the enemy&quot; but
I know for some people any other group is a problem. I myself have been a
member, and still go to events when I can. They are a lot closer to my
home, for one thing!<br>
At 01:26 AM 6/28/2002, you wrote:<br>
will second that opinion I have found them to be exactly the same, damn
fine people who are very helpful and tolerant of our horrible steel
habits. All have been helpful and willing to discuss the finer points of
historical accuracy and interested in what we do, it's not so different
to what they do, they just hit harder :-)<br>
I have met hundreds over the years and never a cross word, we actually do
a bit of cross activities here, mostly workshops and archery with the
occasional consumption of food and liquid thrown in and are hoping to do
more, both we and they have found that we actually have a terrible lot in
common. :-)<br>
Best part is they like to have fun too.<br><br>
Sandy<br><br>
one, do certainly not see the SCA (corporately or seperately) as any kind
of enemy. Every single SCAnian I have met - either in the flesh or by
means of an electron beam - has been friendly, helpful and open-handed.
If all re-enactors were as good hearted as they, our &quot;other
world&quot; would be the richer for
Regards,<br><br>
Kim Siddorn.<br><br>
The early bird may get the worm -<br>
but the second mouse gets the cheese! <br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
but one night in a thousand years,....&quot;<br><br>
ealdric@bellsouth.net<br>