[Regia-NA] That Pennsic Food Cooler you need....

Kimberly Karn list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:35:34 -0700

At 09:40 AM 6/21/02 +0100, you wrote:
>I spent my later childhood in Australia, and we used earthenware food
>coolers there.(This was 50 years ago)
>In Regia, when on site, we have a large eathenware bowl that is porous
>(e?) and we use that for a constant supply of cold water. It works better
>still if you cover the top with a damp cloth.

I think Lehmans sells those. They are in Ohio, USA but they will ship
anywhere. They have a very interesting collection of non electric machines.
http://www.lehmans.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=12426&cgrfnbr=263565&FROM_CAT_REF=263562

Kimberly

That is the key to history.  Terrific energy is expended -- civilizations are
built up -- excellent institutions devised; but each time something goes wrong.
Some fatal flaw always brings the selfish and cruel people to the top, and then
it all slides back into misery and ruin.  In fact, the machine conks.  It seems
to start up all right and runs a few yards, and then it breaks down.
- C. S. Lewis