[Regia-NA] Gokstad bed pins

Mark Patchett list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:18:46 -0400

Hi again Roll,

Thanks for the info. :)
I finished up the bed, with all square/rectangular mortices, and got to try it
out on the weekend, and it worked out prettty well.
Mine is about the same size as yours, with the outer frame and legs made from
ash, and the slats from linden ( basswood )

I also tried making a 3 legged stool based on the "lund viking stool"
http://www.angelfire.com/wy/svenskildbiter/Viking/vikstool.html
It was pretty easy to put together, but my choice to use pine barnboard for the
seat proved to be a poor one, as it split the first time it was sat upon.  I'll
have to try it out again, with something a little more robust for the seat.

-Edward