[Regia-NA] JVC photos

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:25:45 -0400

Jurdank3123@cs.com wrote:
> Hello Kim,
>
> You guys look awesome.  Graham's Vendle helmet is amazing.  Who made that?
> Regards, - Jeff/Thorfinn

Yes. It's so very big and so very pointy!
I hope he didn't have it on in the car.
And he looks like a typical underfed archaeologist.
Interesting to see whom I've been talking with on the net.

Sorry he cracked up.
Probably be sore for weeks, although shoulder straps and airbags may
make a real difference. Belt alone saved me.

Been there done that myself. Totaled it.

70 mph interstate, someone backing up on a curve, about twenty miles
per hour, to get back to an exit ramp in the rain, after I'd been
on the interstate for a couple of hours. Came up on him so fast
I didn't realize he actually was in reverse. Missed him, smacked someone
else a good two hundred feet. Knocked four lower teeth flat, broke
two uppers, teeth hit the steering wheel and went through the lower
lip three times for forty stitches. 7 pieces of teeth worked their
way out of the scars 8 months later. So I sympathise. Pulling
the lower teeth back up after the accident meant I still have
them and only lost one lower and one upper root. Kinda flat though
instead of the normal front curve. White gums for several weeks.
The Eisenhower style police jacket I had on looked like my throat
had been cut. Very fun. And it really did look slow motion as it
happened. Wierd that.

As for our road adventure yesterday to Chapel Hill and the
rheumatologist
we got nailed in the front bumper with a heavy piece of what looked
like 2 x 6 x 6" hard rubber flying down the road.  The plastic bumper
bounced back out but the paint has a six inch whop on it.
Probably would have taken out the window higher up.
One of the last times through the same area (very high traffic,
eight lanes in places) we were treated to a hand truck in the lane.

I smacked a bustard one time in the windshield center at 70 mph.
Five of them flew up. Did not break the windshield but he was
dessert, left a foot long white streak on the windshield.

Oh, yeah, I passed the website around to a few people pre-JVC
(Jorvik Viking Center?) so you may have gotten some increased
hits previously. I'm coming in late on this discussion.

Magnus, nearly on time for a change.