[Regia-NA] Testing a Theory about whetstones!

TGS list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:32:07 -0400

Hey,
No one mentioned that apparently most (if not nearly all) bits of silver
found (particularly hack silver in hoards) contain nicks and such marks
from testing.

Very interesting.

Do you have a digital camera?  Maybe you could take some pictures?  If you
have a scanner, I bet you could scan the stone directly.  Although I'd
suggest putting a sheet of clear acetate or something on the glass of the
scanner first.

If you don't have a DC or scanner, if you want to loan me your stone, I'll
take some pictures and then send it back to you.

Thanks!
Tom