[Regia-NA] Greetings

Phil list-regia-na@lig.net
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:27:50 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C226CE.B1E09880

Greetings,

Just a quick note to announce my subscription to the list.

For those unfamiliar with the Regia national officers I am, for my sins, =
the National Maritime Officer. We own five boats: two wooden - an ex =
Faroese fishing boat of around 40' which is currently being restored in =
Scotland, and a smaller, 16', one - and three 'plastic fantastics' - =
fibreglass replicas of about 36', one kept near Shrewsbury, the other =
two in York.

Much of our Maritime activity centres around filmwork, but this year we =
shall have used the boats at three shows - Chippenham, Fritton and =
Kirkcudbright.

Personally I'm a sailor rather than a person with a passionate interest =
in the details of early medieval boats, so I'm afraid I'm probably not =
the best person to ask on the intricacies of boat building or the =
details of XYZ boat remains. That being said I'm more than happy for =
anyone to e-mail me with queries about the Regia boats or period boats =
in general. If I don't the answer I can probably find someone who does =
(phils@clara.net).

Cheers

Phil
Amiratus (Latinisation of the Arabic 'Emir-al-bahr' meaning 'ruler of =
the seas' and forming the basis of our modern word Admiral).

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C226CE.B1E09880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just a quick note to announce my =
subscription to=20
the list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For those unfamiliar with the Regia =
national=20
officers&nbsp;I am, for my sins, the National Maritime Officer. We own =
five=20
boats: two wooden - an ex Faroese fishing boat of around 40' which is =
currently=20
being restored in Scotland, and a smaller, 16', one - and three 'plastic =

fantastics' -&nbsp;fibreglass replicas of about 36', one kept near =
Shrewsbury,=20
the other two in York.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Much of our Maritime activity centres =
around=20
filmwork, but this year we shall have used the boats at three shows -=20
Chippenham, Fritton and Kirkcudbright.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Personally I'm a sailor rather than a =
person with a=20
passionate interest in the details of early medieval boats, so I'm =
afraid I'm=20
probably not the best person to ask on the intricacies of boat building =
or the=20
details of XYZ boat remains. That being said I'm more than happy for =
anyone to=20
e-mail me with queries about the Regia boats or period boats in general. =

If&nbsp;I don't the answer I can probably find someone who does (<A=20
href=3D"mailto:phils@clara.net">phils@clara.net</A>).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Amiratus (Latinisation=20
of&nbsp;the&nbsp;Arabic&nbsp;'Emir-al-bahr' meaning 'ruler of the seas' =
and=20
forming the basis of our modern word =
Admiral).</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C226CE.B1E09880--