[Regia-NA] Anyone Going to the SCA's Pennsic War Anyway?

rmhowe list-regia-na@lig.net
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 15:32:25 -0400

TGS wrote:

> Hi,
> attending Pennsic this year...
>
> I don't believe anyone from the UK will be at Pennsic.  I do plan on being
> there, but as yet have not spoken with George about any sort of Regia
> powwow.  I go to Pennsic (as Jef says) for the spectacle, as well as to
> visit with long time friends who I only get to see once or twice a year.  I
> will be happy to discuss and review authenticity with people on an advisory
> basis, but as I'm not an authenticity officer my opinion should not be
> taken for policy.  Of course I will also be available to sort out any
> membership issues you may have.  In case you're wondering George always has
> a big presence at Pennsic, so you will certainly be able to speak with him
> there.

Where is that?

> I will only be at Pennsic from August 10th through the 17th.  Some sort of

Anne apparently has made off site reservations for us from the 12th to
the
17th, but we probably won't be on site on the 12th.  Last year illness
delayed
us two days. I will most probably be on a handicapped scooter this year
too. Ours is older, heavily modified and has arm-supports that are
quite unusual.

As for meeting places, anywhere not down a really steep hill or
near that insidious food court. Like being immersed in Liquid Smoke
last year. Washed our clothes out immediately upon returning to the
motel that night. If it happens to be at Thora's perhaps we could
drive down the big hill and not get in serious trouble temporarily.
We have a small green Windstar Van with handicapped accomodations.

Magnus