[Regia-NA] Re: crossbows

Jeffrey Fulton list-regia-na@lig.net
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:40:02 -0400

Ours is wrapped in rawhide. It has a stirrup for pulling it, plus we have a belt hook (that we have never used). I was using my steel 150 lb. one in an indoor range once, and we were crowded over to fit too many people in, and I got too close to the wall.  The stock slapped me like a stepfather would slap a red-headed stepchild.  I was lucky not to lose teeth.
Thanks for the heads-up on the Quebec merchant, I almost ordered a goatsfoot lever for my steel 150 lb. one, but I wasn't comfortable with them.  They sold my friend a bow and craniquen one and he is happy - but it was there at Pennsic and he paid cash and walked away with it.

Jef/Bjorn