[Regia-NA] Anyone Going to the SCA's Pennsic War Anyway?

TGS list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:48:30 -0400

Hi,
attending Pennsic this year...

I don't believe anyone from the UK will be at Pennsic.  I do plan on being
there, but as yet have not spoken with George about any sort of Regia
powwow.  I go to Pennsic (as Jef says) for the spectacle, as well as to
visit with long time friends who I only get to see once or twice a year.  I
will be happy to discuss and review authenticity with people on an advisory
basis, but as I'm not an authenticity officer my opinion should not be
taken for policy.  Of course I will also be available to sort out any
membership issues you may have.  In case you're wondering George always has
a big presence at Pennsic, so you will certainly be able to speak with him
there.

I will only be at Pennsic from August 10th through the 17th.  Some sort of
meeting would be fine with me.  Sunday the 11th might be a good time, but
(as far as I'm concerned) pretty much any evening would be ok.  I'll be
setting up shop (assuming my paperwork is squared away with PA) so my
availability during the day will be limited.

I was pretty well distracted by a back injury in August and Sept. last
year, and then our plans were over taken by events in the fall.  I'm hoping
we can sort of start fresh this summer and generate some renewed vigor this
year.  My attitude on events and such is skewed a little, since it seems to
be easier for me (located on the east coast of the US next to two big
trans-Atlantic hubs) to go to the UK for events than to some of the more
distant (to me) spots in the US.  But that is not the case for everyone, so
I see no reason we should not be organizing one or two 'national' events
each year.

Is anyone else planning on going?  What nights would be good for you to meet?

Take Care,
Tom