[Regia-NA] more on flint and antler

Nicholson, Andrew list-regia-na@lig.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:40:55 -0000

If you're off-site Bill, an angle-grinder with sanding discs is a great
starting point.

OK, so Authenticity Officers shouldn't say things like that, but it =
beats
the hell out of hand-rasping the things. Go from mid grain down to =
fine.
Coarse can remove too much antler too quickly. Then hand-finish with =
sand
and pumice, to remove all modern working marks, and no-one will know =
the
difference.

Gu=F0rum