[Regia-NA] Mail, flattened or not?

Schuster, Robert L. list-regia-na@lig.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:34:48 -0500

since we were just on this topic in the not to distant past, thought id =
share this, it is from another list from a Swedish Archaeologist that =
works the Birka site
Halvgrimr

Since the question was raised on another thread concerning other matters =
I'll present the iron rings in question here; or rather - as much as =
I've been able to find so far.=20
I still haven't been able to scan/take photos of the rings, but the =
rough appearance of them are:=20
-Between 12 and 14 mm in outer diameter (the size doesn't seem to have =
been such a crucial factor).=20
-All rings were riveted=20
-All rings were "semi-flat" in section, i.e. flattened prior to riveting =

I'll try to get some pictures as well, but that might take a while (out =
digging...).=20