[Regia-NA] Neat Websites

J. K. Siddorn kim.siddorn@blueyonder.co.uk
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:51:16 +0100

A quick glance here makes my alarm bells ring! Cauldrons in our period are
not made from cast iron, they were fabricated from iron sheet and riveted
together in sections. The cauldrons illustrated are vastly overpriced in my
opinion.

The bows look OK although that it is difficult to tell much from the squidgy
pictures .Before any UK Regia member buys a bow for use in the society, they
out to talk to Chris Boulton.

The bowyer mentions that he was trained by Richard Galloway and - like
Roland - I used to know Dick , sometime WWII flight gunner in Boulton Paul
Defiants (he was in the ONLY aircraft to return from France unscathed in a
sortie in which they lost the rest of the squadron) who described flying in
them as "rather like attending your own funeral!"  He was then posted to
operational bombing missions and was Tail End Charlie (rear gunner) for TWO
tours of Duty in Lancasters.

He told me that he got the impression that the RAF did not like him very
much.

He lived on a barge on a canal near London and had an amazing collection of
bows, one from an Egyptian tomb.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

The early bird may get the worm -